A photographic journey
Road Trip!
I am not kidding, we spent ALL DAY in the car. I was utterly exhausted by the end of the day.
Nate at McDonald Creek before we started the climb up the mountain side. McDonald Creek looking south.
Daisy's along the McDonald creek.
There were construction stops along the way. No one minded the stops though since it gave everyone an opportunity to get out of the car to stretch their legs, take pictures, and even eat lunch.
Nodding Onion; Allium cernuum Roth
Self portrait. Taking pictures.
One of the construction stops along the way.
Brandon and Kate taking a picture of the peaks.
Notice the remains of an avalanche; piles of trees, dirt, snow and ice.
Apiaceae -Parsley Family
The insects liked the Parsley too.
Triple Arches. Nate, at a construction stop, checking out the view. I think on this stop we had time for lunch too.
A water fall along the road.
Beargrass! Definitely my favorite flower.
Did you know that once Beargrass blooms and then dies, a new stalk will bloom 5-10 years after that?
__________________________________________________________________________________
Please help me pick a picture.
I want to print one of the images below, but i cannot decide which one I like best. Tell me what image you like best.
i love all the pics on the way. we live in such a versatile and beautiful country.
ReplyDeletei like 3 because it shows all of the peaks and the flowers aren't cut off.
where are you going to put the pic?
Ah-mazing trip!! Hmm. I have to do this a lot with pictures too. I would say 3 because it's such a panoramal shot. Awesome!
ReplyDeleteEven though GTTS Road is such a long car drive, I loved it. Aren't the views amazing? Lots of great pics too. I would print the 3rd one. The flowers aren't cut off, and it includes that amazing snowy peak.
ReplyDeleteI like #1.
ReplyDeletedon't know why but i like #1. You have probably already picked one by now though.
ReplyDeleteI think #3 but #1 is a close second.
ReplyDelete