The kids and I went to the zoo to see babies. Hogle zoo is full of them right now. I know it seems weird right? Are babies not a spring item? The popular ones are: 1 new elephant, 3 Amur tigers, 1 snow leopard (we missed this one but it's still worth mentioning), 1 giraffe, 1 Siamese crocodile, and a crap load of meerkats* .
* I think it is funny that they spell "cat" with a "k".
Mostly, we wanted to see Zuri; the new baby elephant.
Zuri is cute, and "fun'er" to watch than a batch of new born puppies! Here she is leaning against her mom. "Mom, are you still up there?"
Zuri occasionally feed (thanks mom!), played with a stick*, and would pick up poo. Tanner thought the last action was too funny!
* The "stick" is famous in Zuris world. Zuri found it the day before we arrived. See Zuris blog here about her stick.
* I know, its about as related as calling OBama a Nazi for socialized health care and I thought "why not join the mass of unrelated correlations". I must admit it was kinda fun!
A few pictures of the kids because people tell me they like to see them.
I will leave you with a picture of the Amur tigress and one of her cubs. I just love the duplicity, of body language and white spots on their ears.
I love the zoo!! The pictures of the baby elephant is so cute!! I like the last one too Tanner!! ha ha gross!!
ReplyDeleteI was able to take the kids to the zoo years ago when there were baby polar bears. It was so heartwarming to see them play together, such joy. On that trip we visited the Orangatans and Nadine sat in front of the window. She was enthralled. She placed her hand on the window and the orangatan placed his over hers. They became instant friends. Later on another visit, we watched the hippo. He slowly walked down the stairs, stopped, and then, with tail circling like a fan, shot poo all over everyone! Ah the zoo, always an adventure!
ReplyDeleteZuri was soooo cute!!! My favorite baby animal was the baby tigers!!!
ReplyDelete