10 songs in my memories
10) Lean on me- sixth grade talent show. Dont judge me! It was an assignment and the whole sixth grade sang together. Thank god!
9) New kids on the block- *Shiver* A boy sang it to me at Burger King. He had a crush that I did not return. While he sang, my friends stood behind him laughing as he looked into my eyes and sang with all his heart.
8) I've got friends in low places by Garth Brooks - sang, in a group, drunk, around a campfire with our arms placed on each shoulders. Now who did not do that?
7) The Gambler by Kenny Rogers - will always remind me of my dad, in the garage, singing to an old radio. The smell of grease comes with this memory.
6) Chestnuts roasting over an open fire. As sung by my mother as we drove home from Grandma Nielson's Christmas Eve. I will never have a Christmas without feeling the warmth of my mother voice in that song or the desires to sing it (usually, out of tune).
5)
4)
3)
2) A bushel and a peck - as sung by my Grandpa Nielson. He used to sing it to me. I would always get embarrassed. I think that is why he kept doing it. He is such a tease.
1) A bushel and a peck - as sung by me to my kids. I only remembered one or two lines of the song so I made up my own words. I am not very creative but over time it evolved into our song.
The version sung in Guys and Dolls.
I love you, a bushel and a peck!
A bushel and a peck, and a hug around the neck!
A hug around the neck, and a barrel and a heap
A barrel and a heap, and I'm talkin' in my sleep.
About you.
About you!
About you!
My heart is leapin'!
I'm having trouble sleepin'!
'Cause I love you, a bushel and a peck
You bet your pretty neck I do!
Doodle, oodle, oodle.
Doodle, oodle, oodle.
Doodle oodle oodle oo.
I love you, a bushel and a peck
A bushel and a peck, go and beats me all to heck!
Beats me all to heck how I'll ever tend the farm
Ever tend the farm when I want to keep my
Arms - about you -
About you!
About you!
The cows and chickens
are goin' to the dickens!
'Cause I love you a bushel and a peck
You bet your pretty neck I do -
Doodle oodle oodle
Doodle oodle oodle
Doodle oodle oodle, oo!
A bushel and a peck, and a hug around the neck!
A hug around the neck, and a barrel and a heap
A barrel and a heap, and I'm talkin' in my sleep.
About you.
About you!
About you!
My heart is leapin'!
I'm having trouble sleepin'!
'Cause I love you, a bushel and a peck
You bet your pretty neck I do!
Doodle, oodle, oodle.
Doodle, oodle, oodle.
Doodle oodle oodle oo.
I love you, a bushel and a peck
A bushel and a peck, go and beats me all to heck!
Beats me all to heck how I'll ever tend the farm
Ever tend the farm when I want to keep my
Arms - about you -
About you!
About you!
The cows and chickens
are goin' to the dickens!
'Cause I love you a bushel and a peck
You bet your pretty neck I do -
Doodle oodle oodle
Doodle oodle oodle
Doodle oodle oodle, oo!
No comments:
Post a Comment