Friday, April 23, 2010

Relationships


Do you have a friend that seems to appear when you are in the dumps? I have one of these friends.

I have been going through some issues with a co-worker. To put it bluntly after 9 years of dealing with his shit behavior hate for me, I decided to make a formal complaint. Writing the complaint and turning it in was hell. Confronting him about it was hell. He is still treating me like hell. It has been hell ever since.

I originally meet my friend, when I was working in my yard. Her car stopped in front on my home. Kids erupting from the windows. She marched up to me and stated "I like your yard. You look like a neat person. We should be friends". I remember liking her immediately. We discussed roses while her kids impatiently sat in the car and I thought about everything going on in her life right then and how she could see the importance of giving time to a potential friend.

My friend has been asking to come see my new home and I kept putting her off. I wanted to do this or that first. I was not ready to show it to her. Finally, I decided to get off my tooter and get it done. I agreed to a date and time.

On the day that my friend was to come over, I had the "sit down" with my co-worker, my boss, and the HR representative. My co-worker said many negative things about me, while I sat there and told him how awesome he was; trying to build back some form of relationship between us. It was a miserable experience.  I  had to leave work for a while to get my composure and it made for a tense and emotional day.

Yet after all that, I looked forward to my friends arrival and enjoyed the visit. We had many great theological discussions (my favorite kind) and when my friend left,  I noted how happy and uplifted I felt. I had not felt this way in weeks. I smiled without thought and the world felt lighter.  She had no clue of the last few weeks, yet she had the ability to help me forget the weight of them by just simply being there. Don't tell her but, I think its because she radiates happiness.

Thank you for being my friend.

3 comments:

  1. That is so wonderful to be able to have people that can surround and uplift you. I remember meeting said friend years ago, and that is how you introduced her to me as well. "She stopped and said..." And I must say, she did seem to emanate good qualities.
    I am sorry that you have to deal with a crappy co-worker. I know I have had a few of those in the past, thankfully they changed departments and it wasn't just me that had a problem with them. Good luck and happy thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when my friends have wonderful friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you had to deal with such a hard situation. I love it when someone can change your mood and cheer you up, without even knowing they are doing it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...