Monday, October 11, 2010

24 minuets of Moab: Tanner style

Waiting.
Getting Instructions for the race.
Tanner is so casual about the whole thing. Everyone is tense and excited and Tanner is going, "Yea. Ok. Whatev."
In their start positions
Can you see the gradient of commitment from all the runners? I think I can even see a little elbow action too. Then there is Tanner in the back row... thinking "Yea,  I could sit up there and jockey for a position with you guys but, why, when there is all this room back here.?"

Getting on their bikes.
I guess being last isn't so bad. There Tanner is, politely, waiting for everyone to get on their bikes and move out of his way.
And then finally, the race!
I wasn't there to see Tanner race so these are my interpretations of the photos. I had to eat and prepare for my first ride so I missed his. Nate went, though to support Tanner and take pictures. The story is, that Tanner won when two boys collided in front of him. Tanner then maneuvered around them and took third. Wished I could have seen it. Luckily, Nate's photos are a good second to the real thing.


Good job Tanner!

3 comments:

  1. I like Tanner's style. The laid back approach means definitely less stress and you probably enjoy the experience even more. I love how when he's getting ready to run it looks like he has his thumbs in his pockets while the guy down from him is doing some sort of lunge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, good things come to those who are patient. Way to go Tanner!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...