Wednesday, November 3, 2010

HaPpy (belated) HaLloWeEN!

It has been such a crazy few months. After the 24 hours of Moab (which I still want to post about) I went into October with a huge list of neglected items, Halloween around the corner, and the promise I gave a friend to do a half marathon. I dont know what I was thinking.

Now as I sit here, I am happy to see that I am through October. I am excited to enjoy the season, rake leaves, and prepare everything for winter.

 But before I leave October I felt the need to share some of our costumes.

Casi, this year, was what I call a "contemporary or teen tink". This costume almost did not happen. It is extremely difficult to find tink green in an army green world. Apparently its the popular green this year and Casi does not like army green AT ALL. I finally resorted to a trip to Walmart where we found our first green item. Then later than week the costume evolved further with sporty green shorts and blue and green striped socks from Target. Casi and I made the skirt.I think she turned out adorable. 

I was inspired by Casis costume and decided to be a dark pixie. I love a costuem that involves wearing socks on your arms, big blue eye shadow, my old "club'in leather vest", Casi's dress, sparkles, and my favorite color.... black. This is the costume I wore for my work costume and chili bake off party. Sadly, I still did not win the trophy. Ahh, but it was a HUGE upset and there are plenty of people that felt I was robbed.

Tanner, for the longest time, wanted to be a gargoyle. I was a bit stressed over the costume since it would involve painting muscles onto a gray outfit, devil horns on his head, and huge wings. I found one costume available for purchase but it was over a thousand dollars and did  not include shipping. After weeks of research, however, I had put together a plan and wanted to start putting it together.Tanner and I got in the car and drove to the nearest Halloween store where Tanner proceeded to the rows of bagged costumes, picked one out, and told me that he wanted to be Zombie scream. I did not know whether to be relieved or sad. After driving home with him in his mask and seeing his excitement, I decided to be happy since he was happy.

I just love the holiday and I will miss trick or treating when Tanner moves on with his friends. I am running out of years. This year Trick of treating was fun in the rain. Tanner and I were soaked through after a few mins with an umbrella. we were the only ones out there and everyone seemed excited to see a trick or treater so they doused him with candied gits. It was fun to watch. On Sunday (the real Halloween) we went to Park city and enjoyed Main street, people watching, and the dressed up pups!

Hope everyone had a great holiday.

6 comments:

  1. I love them!! Cas looks so cute and I have to say you look HOT! I am impressed that you made those costumes! Tanner's costume scares me a little.. ok a lot. That movie scared the crap out of me!! I am glad he was happy with it though!! Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always do so great with the costumes--hair, makeup, the whole deal. I hope I can make it as fun if I have kids someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great costumes all around. You should have also gotten a picture AFTER Casi took flight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are sooo creative! I love the planning and creation time, stress during production and smile all through completion. I would have loved to see the gargoyle; I know you would have come up with something spectacular. You make a suductive dark pixie and I love the eye makeup. Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments. I seriously love designing the costumes each year even if it is a little stressful getting it together each year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kent saw your pic of FB and said you made an awesome dark pixie.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...