I had a REALLY hard time with this months challenge. I looked for patriotism in everything from the marketing of Dominoes and Pepsi to the overtly symbolic patriotism in things like flags and eagles. I even thought about going to a parade. Scary. I know.
I did not want to give up because this is month two of starting this challenge and nothing is less patriotic than giving up. Then I remembered that I made pie! And in case you have not seen American Pie, the movie, they informed us that pie is as American as you can get. And don't start telling me that it is the Apple pie that is the American Pie because nothing is more American than the acceptance of all types of pie.
Plus, Bourbon pecan pie is pretty down right American since it was created in New Orleans after the Native Americans told them about nuts.(God, I LOVE NUTS and now Native Americans)
Besides, look how patriotic it is next to the American Flag and the Bald Eagle.

BTW: I made this pie myself! With LARD! Check out that crispy layered crust.
I made this pie because, this year in addition to the fireworks, beer and BBQ's we celebrated Pioneer day with Pie-n-Beer because Pioneers are freaking awesome!
Golly, I amaze myself with this act of patriotism.
Teresa here (still can't get this comment thing to work for me): I'm a fan of your fabulousness...and of nuts...and of pies...so next time remember that there is nothing more patriotic than SHARING, so I'll look forward to my piece next time. ;-)
ReplyDeletepie. is awesome.
ReplyDelete