Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Say what Mr (not so green) president?

"President Bush will create three new marine national monuments in the Pacific Ocean today, according to his top aides, a move that will help preserve sprawling sea and island ecosystems and cement the one aspect of his legacy that has won praise...from environmentalist."
 see article here.

4 comments:

  1. I heard about that on the radio today. It is wonderful and much needed, of course, but I think he's hoping it will erase the rest of his anti-environmental legacy. Not signing Kyoto agreement...questioning global warming...continually attempting to drill ANWR...raping the endangered species act protections...I could go on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin-Amen Sistah! I couldn't agree more. On a side note: does it make you a bit grumpy when you hear that Laura Bush is an "avid bird watcher"? Does this mean she likes to eat chicken? I cant see her sitting in the rain of OHIO to see warblers, or slogging through marshes after a rail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wut wuz that say what comment???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't heard that. But an "avid bird watcher" to me is probably someone who watches the birds at their feeder (obviously filled by someone else at the White House) so as not to mess up their coiffure. A little different than crazy birders like us. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...