A basic day at Glacier would go:
- Get up early? The ealy time, however, was met with complaint. And by the end of the trip what was early (7 am) became less early (9-10 am). I, the greatest supporter of early mornings, became the latest at getting up in the morning. I don't know what happened but, it felt so good.
- Prepare and eat breakfast. We hit both ends of the food "yuminess" meter, going from steak and eggs to cereal. The kids tastes being the exact opposite of the adults.
- Get lunches ready and packed.
- Leave for some activity (I will post these later)
- Return to camp in the late afternoons or evening.
- Go for a swim in the lake. I called this my daily shower. What? The lake had a very clean appearance.
- Make and eat dinner. Nate and Nick and Kendra cooked the dinners. I think I am hooked to other people making the food. Everything was so good!
- And then if we had energy, a campfire.
Casi, Nick, and Kendra sitting around the camp fire. The Fire was usually controlled by Kate and Brandon who like it big. We would all lightly complain (OK just me) but they never would listen. They must prefer cold buttock and burning face and legs.
Deer would wander through camp daily, making one think they could get great images. But the deer just teased us. The campground was very shady and the deer would always move creating blurred images. The first image is of Brandon taking the requisite blurred "deer in campground" picture. The second was my best image.
The rock shores, still waters, and beautiful skies of Lake McDonald.
Kate introducing Dillan to the Lake our first day there.
The kids spent hours playing imaginary games with the Lake and Kayak.
Me warming up after a chilly swim.
it looks so pretty, i can't wait to see the natural beauty of glacier.
ReplyDeletefun pic warming.