We pulled up to a cute little farm in the middle of Sandy. To the side of the entrance road, pumpkins were neatly arranged in rows alongside young, newly planted fruit trees. Part of me wondered if the pumpkins were even grown at this location yet appreaciated not having to trudge down muddy rows of dying pumpkin plants to find the perfect Jack -O-latern shape. There were a few other families there. Some, like us, wanted pumpkins and searched the rows with their kids. Others wanted fall pictures and were arranging pumpkins and kids; camera in one hand, kid in the other.
Tanner picked out his pumpkin almost immediately. He was so excited to get one home and carve it that he did not care about the artistic nature of choosing a pumpkin. This may have bothered me. I think every decision should be painfully thought about. Options weighed. He also insisted on carrying the 25 lb pumpkin to the wagon himself. Now I dont know his body weight but I would venture to say that a 25 lb pumkpin is more than half of it. So all I have to say about that is Preeeetttty iimmmmprrrrreeesssive!
The photo of him carrying the pumpkin, makes me wonder if he will one day be a contestant in the Worlds Strongest Man. If you have not seen this competition; you should. Its quite entertaining and the large bulky men are not so bad either.Hehm. Anyways, check out Tanners picture compared to the strong man. See! He has pretty good form. Oh, and by the way. Tanner does work out.... just ask him.
Casi, as usual, avoided the camera LIKE the PLAGUE! Complaining immediately as we left the truck; seeing I had the camera. I commented (a bit too loudly) that "at least I wasn't forcing her to pose with a pumpkin". Feeling bad for the mother who was still trying to make her kid do just that a few rows over. Then when she found her pumpkin, I suggested she pose with it. Perhaps she "should show her love for your pumpkin and kiss the pumpkin". She declined such silliness with a smirk expression which said "Mom, are we really related?". Tanner then exclaimed that he "would kiss the pumpkin" and I took a picture (not shown).
Eventually, I was able to manipulate this shot. It was taken while her face was turned towards the ground (the pumpkins are actually on the ground). The image, though, when turned this way makes her look like a happy, golden-haired, giant excited to consuming tinner pumpkins and that makes me get a smirk expression which means "I think I'm funny".
* there really was no award**
** unless by "award" we mean "the good candle".
Are you kidding me??? WOW, and I thought my pumpkin was difficult. I am impressed by your skills Nate. I love that picture of Cas! What a cute smile she has!
ReplyDeleteNate's pumpkin is uber neato!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see my rockstar nephew in a weight lifting contest. Maybe he will get super torqued up and be a body builder. The image is killing my brain.
-Lisa
Ha! This whole post cracked me up. :)
ReplyDeletei like pumpkins. they are yummy
ReplyDelete