Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The end of another school year!

I have survived my  first child's year of Jr High school. Casi is no longer a sevie. 

She received an award for one of three top scoring students in reading. I received a letter the week before saying that she would receive an award. I did not tell her. I just showed up. Then when she came into the assembly room, I waved and waved and waved but she was talking to some kids and laughing, and talking. She sat down about four seats and a row away from me. I still waved. But then,  I stopped because, I looked ridiculous.  I picked up my phone and started texting "do you see me?" to her, (during school hours- I know!) when she tapped me on the shoulder all smug like, flushed and excited. She knew she was getting an award for something.

The photos below are of her and her friends that also won awards at the library afterwards. It took a while to get them to settle down long enough for a photo. My poor camera and its batteries could not keep up with their energies. Focus, flash, focus, flash...
Claire, Casi, Kenzie
 


Disclaimer: I know! I should have told Grandmas (and Nate) that this was happening so that more people could have been there. Please, no comments about that. 

1 comment:

  1. I love that she still has the smug face on in the photos. Way to go Casi!! And way to go Angie for surviving the first year of jr. high. (Is there an award for that?)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...