Tuesday, February 22, 2011

If I would have had a computer: Go GOLD pants!

If Nate was writing this he would probably talk about the game but since I am writing about it I am going to focus on the Superbowl halftime... or what I did during the halftime.*
 *because I did not actually see the game** or the halftime.
**I was doing a puzzle.( Normally I watch the game.) ***
*** I may be a puzzle addict.****
**** Seriously. I have issues when it comes to puzzles (and a few other things).




We started out our halftime with a celebration of Kaityns 4th B-day. I think she is adorable. 
From Me (and the rest of the family)! (and Grandma Chris... that is a recycled gift / blanket!).

 Once the B-day party was finished, Grandma Bev gave the Grandkids their (early) B-day pillow pets. The grandkids have been wanting one of these identity-confused toys for a while and Grandma Bev decided it was her mission to supply them each with one.
A bad photo that captured a great moment: Pillow pets and their owners.
 We also celebrated Casi and her 4.0 last quarter.

I was reminded during the last state of the state of the union address (that's right I actually listen to these*****)  that it is important to celebrate your kids accomplishments.

When it comes to Casi's grades she works hard and she does it ALL on her own. To give you an example, in addition to her weekday school work we have busted her studying for the 11 th grade ACT's... on a Saturday! WTH! She is a homework animal! A teachers dream. A parents retirement plan. But mostly, we are just happy for her and her accomplishments.

Nate and I awarded her with a purple water bottle (replacing one that was taken from her at school) and a Glee T-shirt.

***** democrat or republican... and even (sigh) Georges.

Casi : our GOLDpants winner!

1 comment:

  1. I never knew you were a puzzle fanatic! Another thing we have in common. I can't start one if I have anything even slightly important because I become fixated. It started when I was 7. It was the one thing I got to do with my dad who worked full-time and was a full-time student. Puzzles are very special and have stayed that way. Have you tried the mystery puzzles? Love those.
    Congrats to Casi...it sounds like she's a dream daughter in many ways.
    And I even want one of those crazy pillow things!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...