Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New year; 2010!

To celebrate the new year, Nate, the kids, and I went downtown. Here is our night of celebration in bullet point form.

  •  I took 150 terrible pictures. 
  • Casi purchased and wore a pink, flashing, bunny ears.
  • We witnessed a female snowboarder break... something. 
  • Tanner found a balloon, gave it a name, and carried it around like a baby.
  • Casi and I saw a concert and danced like we had no cares.
  • Sadly, we never found the exhibit where the melting of 100,000 marshmallows was to take place. It would have been so cool!
  • People twirled fire while we Ohh'd! and Ahh'd!
  • We ate at Market Street. The kids had drinks bigger than their heads, Nate drank something pink, we ate very large shrimp, clam chowder, and seared Ahi. The kids enjoyed it all.
  • Someone commented on how warm it was...three times.
  • We went home at 10 pm, after finding out that planetarium was sold out and we were too cold to go on.
  • The last hour was spent at home with hot chocolate, a fire, friends, and games.
  • We went outside to vocalize our excitement for the new year and heard our neighbors.
  • Tanner energetically banged a pot until the spatula broke. 





4 comments:

  1. I think your eve was more exciting than mine. But we did engorge ourselves with crab, our yearly tradition...so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think eating crab sounds like a great new years tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new years makes me smile. Mine gave me a headache (etc).

    (I suppose the headache was mostly worth it...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ern- from your Facebook post, I figured a headache was the least of what you received. Ahh, I miss those days. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...