Wednesday, January 27, 2010

There's a certain slant of light

I feel pent up. Caught. Trapped. 


Nate says I tend to get this way when I don't get out. I think he is right and that is exactly what I need. To go outside. 


It does not help that the Salt Lake Valley has been capped with a lid of visible pollutants. Intensifying the caged feeling I have. I need to get out. Do something physical.  I am my own trap.



Logan, December 26th 2009



There’s a certain Slant of light,
Winter Afternoons —
That oppresses, like the Heft
Of Cathedral Tunes —

Heavenly Hurt, it gives us —
We can find no scar,
But internal difference,
Where the Meanings, are —

None may teach it — Any —
’Tis the Seal Despair —
An imperial affliction
Sent us of the Air —

When it comes, the Landscape listens —
Shadows — hold their breath —
When it goes, ’tis like the Distance
On the look of Death —
Emily Dickinson, There's a certain slant of light

5 comments:

  1. AMAZING photo. Great perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Migaloo! I had to look you up to see who you are. LOL! Guess what? I am finally reading the Percy Jackson series. I am so exited to be a part of Casi and your club! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely time to get out. Hey, if we could go out on Dec 26, don't let a little pollution stop you! Although...if it's really bad...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. Time to get out but its my fault that I haven't. Everything else comes first. The house, the kids, the job. I have so many anchors but I put them there. Last week I was working to get everyone to go on a hike with me but then Nate and I went to Ikea instead. Ikea!? WTF! It wasn't until we had spent hours there and were on our way home that I remembered I wanted to go hiking. (but I did purchase the shelf in the next post that day, LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lack of sun does that to a person, I was going through the same stuff awhile ago, but at least our lid was fog not pollution. Still this time of year is bad, I can't wait for spring.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...