I was walking down the 3 flights of stairs to the parking lot. I was on my way to lunch. My co-workers were yammering on about something (I am pretty sure I was listening but this can not be proven since I dont remember what they were talking about.) and suddenly my mind played a memory and I interpreted the memory differently then I previously had.
The Memory:
(Some may have heard this story before, if so skip to the end)
I was in art class my senior year of High school.
We were drawing office supplies. My table, shared by 5 other students, were drawing a stapler, a ruler, and a pair of scissors.
Boy: placing his hand under the stapler "Angie I dare you to staple my hand."
Me: "Very funny."
Boy: "What are you chicken?"
Me: "I'm chicken and you're stupid?"
Boy: Makes chicken noises
This went on for what felt like forever and I started to get more and more irritated as his taunting went on and on and on.
When suddenly, I could take it no more. Without any notice, I balled my hand into a fist and pounded that stapler as hard as I could. His eyes meet mine and we registered the shock each others face. He then pulled his hand from the stapler; showing a neat staple in the back of his hand.
I, of course, got in trouble and removing the staple from his hand (after the doctor could not) became a fun thing to do in art class over the next few weeks.But all that is besides the point.
Today I realized... now dont laugh because some of you probably already KNOW it about me.
I am one of those people that hold in their stress until they blow (and staple peoples hands).
There I said it.
Now everyone can breath a sigh of relief because, finally, I get it.
lol, that is seriously so dang funny. The graph is awesome and I learned something new about you. I'm going to try and make sure I'm not around you at your highest level of stress!
ReplyDeleteAh, stapler stories. I worked at a Printing Press in college. For awhile I was in charge of customer service and orders - always on the run. My office was open so I could help everyone. Whenever I had a minute to sit, my mind would still race over all the things I needed to do. I had a stapler and out of nervous energy I would bounce the staple part up and down between my fingers. One day, while doing this stupid and hazardous activity, I was startled by a customer and I ended up stapling my finger...followed by throwing the stapler into the air out of pain and shock...luckily the customer ducked and was not hit in the head. I usually react to such adventures by laughing, which I did. Fortunately for me, the customer was concerned about my finger and did not get angry, though I did feel a bit stupid. The other student employees enjoyed this occurance immensely for the next few days. Them, "Did you really staple your own finger?" Me, "Yes." Them, "That is so funny! Did it hurt?" At which point I'd like to say I chucked the stapler at their head, but instead I said, "Duh" and laughed again, probably while flushed. Needless to say I found a new way to express my nervous energy.
ReplyDeleteFor some reason I have a hard time commenting on your blog, it must be a pop-up blocker or something.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I realized today that I have the same stress graph but rather than staple someones hand, I start bawling, or yelling. Usually yelling than bawling.