


We normally don't have this many Christmas parties. At least I don't think we do...
Truth is I have never counted the number of parties each year. I guess, to appropriately validate the last statement I should have at least done that. Well, whether its an accurate statement or not, writing about them certainly has made me realize just how much our lives revolve around this holiday.
Party number 4 (12/12/2008) was an appreciation party give by Landstar (a trucking company). Nate's company, UPS, uses them occasionally to move goods. I rather enjoyed myself even with the conversations ending up either about sports or moving boxes. I guess I am pretty happy with an open bar and lots of great food! We left early though, in order to make a stop at the down town liquor store.
Tomorrows party (#5) is a wine party with our friends, Brandon and Kate, Nick and Kendra. Brandon and Kate, who were giving the party, assigned us with finding a wine from Italy and France. A friend recommended villa Antinori from Italy and Nate and I picked out a bottle from France based on price and label. Its what us uneducated people do.
That night Nate couldn't sleep so he searched the Internet and learned more about his wine from France. The reviews stated that it went well with lamb and so he went to Smiths, open 24 hours, and bought lamb to prepare a side dish for the french wine. Picking out lamb recipes and shopping is NOT what I do when I cant sleep. I am never that productive in the middle of the night.
The wine party is certainly one of my favorite Christmas parties this year. It included all of my favorite things about the holidays; friends, good food, and great wine. Oh, and Nate's lamb was fabulous and, as suggested, brought out the flavors in the wine. He has been surprising us with some great food lately. The pictures above are of my favorite wines from the party.
You need to go to Nappa if you love wine. We went there for a work thing for Toby and our hotel had some wine. We tried it and both of us almost puked. For real Toby was like beant over the toilet dry heaving. I guess it's an acquired taste.
ReplyDeleteSounds like my kind of party!
ReplyDeleteErn...what the he$$ are you doing up so late? Tami Beer is an acquired taste, bad wine will make you puke.
ReplyDeleteI had a great time at the party, Kate is great hostess and there were enough appetizers to feed a small army. As you said Ang it had all the ingredients of a great party!
Tami- I am impressed. Curiosity usually gets to me too. Next time you are curious though, lets make sure its good wine. My first wine was a boxed wine in high school (a friends parents stash)... I couldn't drink it either. I thought I was stuck with beer and wine coolers. Then in high school, I didn't have too many neurons firing.. I also prepared and ate "beer floats" with a friend. They were disgusting and we ate them any ways. Beer and ice cream do NOT go well together.
ReplyDeleteErn- it was a fun party!!! You have an automatic invite.
Black sheep- Ern is a med student... they never sleep.
that sounds.... fuun?
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Ang!!!
ReplyDelete