We then moved into Saturday with two extended family party's. Both parties including visits from Santa, dinner, and gift exchanges. Tanner enjoyed see Santa but, Casi would have been happier without having to sit on an old mans lap and she answered every question with good old honest sarcasm.
Santa: "Have you been a good girl?"
Casi: "Sometimes"
Santa: "Are you going to help your Mom?"
Casi: "Uhmm, I wasn't planning on it."
Santa: " Do you have a clean room?"
Casi" "Not really"
Luckily the Santa's took it in fun and gave her the gift anyways. We also came out strong in the gift exchanges. Winning an exercise ball, a pen with Santa on it, a used monopoly game, and a 2$ game of tick tack toe. This after we spent $100 on gifts for the exchanges. Dam, we are stupid.
We had a great time at all the parties, but it was quite overwhelming and by the time we arrived home last night we were ready for Sunday and the "parting" to end. Then this morning an unexpected party began. I guess Casi and Tanner had different plans for our quiet Sunday morning. They walked into the kitchen and sang me this song.
"We wish you a merry Christmas.
We wish you a merry Christmas.
We wish you a merry Christmas and a Happy Birthday!
Good tidings we bring to you from your kids.
We wish you a merry Christmas and a Happy Birthday!!"
Uh hm its not quite my birthday...
I can understand how they would think my birthday was today. I received a birthday gift at one of the parties and they knew my birthday was on a Sunday. So they did the math:
1 birthday gift + the correct day of the week = HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
"Oh my gosh! A birthday! We must sing!"
Even though it was on the wrong day I will take the song. It was a very nice surprise and I loved it!
Thanks Casi and Tanner!
Isn't that uncle Dave? Ha ha, old man.
ReplyDeletegee thanks mom :P
ReplyDeleteThat IS a lot of parties. I probably would have been every bit as sarcastic as Casi. :)
ReplyDelete