The moon's average distance from us is about 238,855 miles. Friday night it was just 221,560 miles away making it 14 percent bigger in our sky and 30 percent brighter than some other full moons during the year. It has not been this big since 1993 and will not be again till 2016.
I wanted to see this big bright moon so I created a phone tree. I was to call Cyndee and Cyndee was to call me if/when we saw it. OK its more like a phone stick. Either way, we didn't want to miss such an occasion.
At 5:23 pm, I sent Cyndee a text "do U C the moon?" She called me back and we discussed how we were not seeing the moon. "perhaps we are too close to the mountains"
Then at at 6:37 pm I saw it! It was a full moon, as expected, and the clouds wisped around it. It was beautiful but was it bigger? or brighter? Cyndee text me "I saw it." I replied " I saw it 2. I was disappointed. :(" Cyndee replied "me too I thought it would be bigger."
when did that happen???
ReplyDeleteIt looked like a full moon to me. They were getting their panties all in a bunch here about how there were going to be record high tides causing flooding, but I didn't hear about any such thing after the fact.
ReplyDeleteOne thing I did learn through all this is.... phone trees DO work!
ReplyDeleteLater