Thursday, December 18, 2008

Things I overheard


Tanners class recieved a camera from a grant that Mrs Shaffer (his Kindergarten teacher) applied for.  They take pictures to document their classroom. ThenMrs Shaffer writes the story with the pictures and sends it home with a child, each day, to read with their family.

Tonight we read about what the class was thankful for. Tanner was thankful for "the whole world and even candy". No way! We continued reading. The kids in Tanners class  were thankful for their parents, cats, dogs, and siblings. Then one little girl said she was thankful for the "whole earth". Tanner seemed deep in thought so I stopped turning the pages (Tanner is reading!). I looked at him till he could tell me what was on his mind.

Tanner: There are mean people on the earth.

Me: Really Who?

Tanner: Nobody we know.

I feel better....

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...