I get coffee from the same place a couple times a week. They ask me the same questions and I give them the same answer...
"What would you like today?"
Me: "A 12 oz soy late and a plain bagel."
"Do you want cream cheese on the bagel?"
Me: "Ahh.. No thank you."
"Any flavorings in the late today?"
Me: "No"
"Do you want the bagel toasted?
Me: "Not today. Thanks."
"Would you like the bagel cut in half?"
Me: "No"
"Would you like a sleeve or a straw?"
Me: "Nope."
"Do you want a receipt today?"
Me: "Nope!"
By the time we are to the last few questions we are both giggling. She is giggling while she asks the questions and I am when I answer them. She knows what I will say and I know what she will ask, yet we go through the motions every time. I really don't mind the questions, in a time where there is a general lack of good customer service and consumer options, its nice to have a place with both. But today while going through the monotonous questioning, I was thinking of the movie "yes man" and the theme of "yes is the new NO." I wonder, am I missing something by not getting any of these "extras"? Would my life have more oomph! with the overwhelmingly sweet hazelnut flavoring in my latte? Should I try drinking my coffee from a straw? I mean, why not? Maybe it IS better...
Me: "Uhmmm, No!"
That is soooo funny!!!
ReplyDeleteNobody needs that overly sweet syrup. But I hear that drinking it through a straw helps keep it from staining your teeth. That just seems wrong though.
ReplyDelete